Born in 1966.
archeologist, writer, actor, director, poet
AS DIRECTOR AND WRITER:
- Hundred dogs (director and writer) short film, 2012
- Premiere: FSF 2012, Portorož, Slovenia
- FSF 2012: Award for best music - by Primož Oberžan
- Archeo (director and writer) feature film, 2011
- Premiere: FSF 2011, Portorož: best film, best direction, best photography (Jure Černec)
- IFFI 2012, Innsbruck, Austria: The Award of the Province of Tyrol, the best international feature film
- Total gambit (director) documentary, 2010
- Documentary of the Month on TVSLO
- Premiere: Slovenian Cinemateque, Ljubljana, 15.11.2010
- This is Earth, my Brother (writer and director) short feature film, 2009
- I know (writer and director) short feature film, 2007
- WORLD PREMIERE
Locarno Film festival, 10.8.2008 ob 23.30 Piazza Grande
- REGIONAL PREMIERE
Sarajevo Film festival, 16.8. ob 21 National Theatre
- Gravehopping (director and writer) feature film, 2005
- IFF San Sebastian, Alatadis Award – Best First and Second Film
- IFF Warsaw, CentEast Award – Best Film, selected by accredited film professionals
- IFF Cottbus, Best Film Award, selected by the Festival Jury, Best Film Award, selected by the Ecumenic Jury
- IFF Torino, Best Film Award, Best Screenplay Award
- IFF Ljubljana, Special Jury Award
- Slovene Film Festival Portorož, Vesna – Best Feature Film 2005, Vesna – Best Supporting Actor Award – Drago Milinovič, Vesna – Best Supporting Actress Award – Sonja Savić
- IFF Spirit of Fire Khanty Mansisk, Silver Taiga – Second Best Film of the Festival Award, Most Impressive Film Scene Award
- IFF Sofia, No Man's Land – Best Balkan Film Award
- IFF Festroja Setubal, Silver Dolphin – Second Best Film of the Festival, CICAE Award – European Association of Art Cinemas
- IFF Palič Golden Tower – Best Film of the Festival
- IFF Pecs – Audience Award for Best Film, Best Photography Award – Simon Tanšek, Best Actor Award - Gregor Bakovič
- IFF Torun – Poland: Special Jury Award, Zygmunt Kalužynski Award – for special achievement in film
- IFF Noordelijk – Student Jury Award
- Heart is a Piece of Meat (director and writer) short film, 2003
- International premiere in the competition section Corto Cortissimo at the Venice International Film Festival
- Special Mention of the Festival Jury in Cottbus
- Best Short Film Award at the Gijon Film Festival
- Death is far Away
(sceenplay: Jan Cvitkovič and Igor Cvitkovič, director: Jan Cvitkovič) TV series (5 parts), 2002
- Bread and Milk (director and writer) feature film, 2001
- Lion of the Future – Best First Feature Film Award at the Venice Film Festival.
- Awards at the Slovene Film Festival in Portorož – the Stop magazine Best Actor and Best Actress Awards (Peter Musevski, Sonja Savić)
- International Film Festival in Cottbus – Special Jury Award, the Don Quijote Award - Prize of the International Federation of Film Clubs (FICC/IFFC Jury), Special Mention by Fipresci and Audience Juries
- International Film Festival LIFF in Ljubljana – Vodomec Award of the Main Jury for Best Film in the section ‘Perspektive’
- Bratislava International Film Festival – Best Actor Award (Peter Musevski) and Special Mention of the Fipresci Jury
AS A WRITER AND ACTOR:
- Switch Off, a number of scripts for the documentary TV series
- Idle Running (dir. J. Burger, 1999), feature film, writer (together with Janez Burger) and main act.
- Best Screenplay Award (2nd Festival of Slovene Film, Portorož, (1999), Stop magazine Actor of the Year (2nd Festival of Slovene Film, Portorož 1999)
- Yves Montand Award – Best Actor of the Festival (IFF Molodist, Kiev, 1999)
- Best Male Actor Award (IFF Cottbus 1999)
- Best Male Actor Award (IFF Faces of Love, Moscow, 2000).
The film received 20 Slovene and international awards all together.
- Robbery of the Century (dir. Urška Kos, 1995, finished 1998,), short feature film, writer.
- Grossman Award for Best Screenplay
- Film received awards at the festivals in Klagenfurt (Juvenalle, 2000) and Krakow, and was selected for the finals at the Tel Aviv Festival.
On Monday, February 8, we finished shooting the series I Wanted to Become a Rock Star 2, directed by Matteo Oleotto.
Serbian director Ivan Ikić and his film Oasis won the “Roberto Roselini” award for best director at the 4th International Film Festival “Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon” in the Chinese city of Pinjau. Congratulations!
The film OROSLAN by director Matjaž Ivanišin received the main jury award in the Independent Film section at LIFFE - Leskovac International Film Festival. The jury wrote in its explanation: "With its brilliant concept, imaginative form and witty realization," Oroslan "stands out not only in regional cinematography with its originality, but also deserves an important place on the map of European film with its quality. the tape contributes to the timeless impression of film, which with its copyright may belong more to the golden age of film art in the 1960s and 1970s than it does today. "
Ivan Ikić's minority co-production OASIS received the Golden Trolley award for the best feature film at the Zagreb Film Festival. The jury wrote in its explanation: “The film shows people who have been isolated all their lives and the world rarely gives them the opportunity to feel successful in something. It’s a creation that transcends the category of best film and the boundaries of best actors; through the process itself, it gives a hand to those who need it, giving actors the opportunity to become exceptional while expressing and showing that love needs little and that these people are capable of it. The Golden Trolley Award goes to the director and his team, who managed not to betray the trust they had gained. That is why they can be the ones who will convey to the world the cry of those whom no one wants to hear. "
We convinced the European Commission with five projects in the European Creative Europe - Media call: four feature films and a short animated film!
Funds were received for the following projects: The Lost Son directed by Darko Štantet, Observation by director Janez Burger, Without Words by Hanna Slak, Freedom or Barbarism by Karpo Godina and Želimir Žilnik, and the short animated film Bimberli written by Andrej Predin and directed by Rok Predin .
OASIS, a film by Serbian director Ivan Ikić, received the award for best European film in the Giornate degli autori section. The award is given by the Europa Cinemas network, whose members are also cinematographers from the Slovenian Art Cinema Network. The jury pointed out in the explanation: ‘’ This is a beautifully shot and very poetic film, which stood out in this year’s Authors ’Days program and was a unanimous selection for the award winner. Ikić's Oasis is a gentle and shocking, but at the same time pure and uncompromising view of the life and love of young people with special needs in a state institution. The director treats his natural actors with a lot of attention and great respect, and they give it back to him with an extremely strong and natural performance. The script is perfectly structured and the photography offers beautiful, unforgettable scenes. This is a movie that viewers should see in the cinema. Perhaps the simplest thing is to say that we can't wait to see this film again as soon as possible. "
OROSLAN, a feature film by Matjaž Ivanišin, won the Vesna Award for supporting role at the 22nd Slovenian Film Festival, which went to Milivoj Miki Roš. Jury's explanation: "Milivoj Roš Miki managed to make such a strong impression in his acting prowess in a few minutes of film narration that it is impossible to imagine a film without him. He moves from acting narration to intimate and bitter confession with incredible ease. Miki showed us again how strong and inspiring the player's charisma can be. "
The feature-length documentary STORKMAN, directed by Tomislav Jelinčič (director of photography: Alan Stanković), received the Audience Award at the 18th Liburnia Festival. Congratulations to the director and the crew!
OROSLAN (director: Matjaž Ivanišin) received the Brenk Award for top achievements in the field of film, awarded by KINO!. This year, the Municipality of Maribor awarded the director the Glazer Charter for Outstanding Contribution.
The feature film Ivan, directed by Janez Burger, received several Vesna awards at 20th jubilee edition of the Festival of Slovenian Film. Among other awards it was presented with the best feature and the jury explained its choice wiht the following words:"With Ivan Burger created a vertiginous danes of images and sound that take hold of the viewer already in the first scene and don't let go unitl the end. Such a film is a deeply moving comment of the state of mind in contemporary Slovenia, but not only that. Namely, his almost hypnostic oscillating between feelings of yearning and desperation is something we are all familiar with. one way or the other."
More about the awards.
Italian premiere of the Liberation Day documentary will be at the Seeyousound International Music Film Festival in Torino - January 27th and regional screening at the Trieste Film Festival - January 22nd
Maruša Majer was with her leading role in Ivan (dir.:Janez Burger) selected for SHOOTING STARS!
“She gives a fearless, gritty and thoroughly soul-bearing quality to her work, that goes under both her and our skins – and refuses to let go. Maruša conveys a female animalism of a rarely seen strength.”
Shooting Stars Berlinale
Bolzano Film Festival Bozen 2016
At the 30th Bolzano Film festival Bozen the Focus Europe section will include 4 films produced by Staragara:
"Bread and Milk" (2011)
"Love on the top of the world" (short, 2015)
- screened on Thursday, 04/14/2016
"Idle Running" (1999 )
"Reconciliation" (short, 2014)
- screened on Saturday, 16/04/2016
TFF 2016 - Trieste, January 30th, 2016
"LOVE ON THE TOP OF THE WORLD" awarded at Trieste Film Festival, Director: Jan Cvitkovič
Trieste, January 26th, 2016
Amongs 6 selected project from RE-ACT also 2 co-production documentary films from Staragara:
- "Storks" production Antitalent (Hrvaška)
- "The Lost Dream Team", production Sekvenca (Hrvaška)
EFA 2015 - Berlin, November 7th, 2015
"DANCING WITH MARIA" nominated for prestigious European film award in the category of Documentary films, Director: Ivan Gergolet